Your Email Signature Title is Bullshit: Top 10 Bullshit Titles and What They Really Mean
I got a request from a fan (aka, a good friend that I force to read my blog) to write about email signature’s and how full of crap they are.
First, I have to give props to @billwoodlock & @DerekBfromOP for the suggestion. Their example was “VP Operations inter office technology = guy that fixes jams in copy machine”. Hilarious, and so true.
So here is my list of top ten bullshit email signature title’s and what they really mean:
- President & Co-Founder – Jobless
- Chief Diversity Officer – What can brown do for you.
- Senior Quality Analyst - “Yup, shit turns on. We’re good.”
- Data Analyst – Excel Pivot Tables Expert aka Spreadsheet Jockey.
- Systems Engineer – Password Resetter
- Product Marketing Director – Posts links to products on Facebook
- Director – Sends out a lot of emails, occasionally yells at someone. Doesn’t produce anything tangible
- Corporate Brand Agent – “Can you make it look apple.com?”
- Director of Online Business Development – Professional Tweeter.
- Regional Marketing Director – Too smart for just a city marketing director. Too dumb for a national marketing director.
What else did I miss?